Saturday, August 18, 2012

Give everything, take nothing.

Greetings followers and readers,
   Today just so happens to be your lucky day! I won't tell you much about our ride today besides a few things. First, we are currently in Bolyston Mass. at family members of Nate the Wranglers. They have made us a delicious dinner, and we are watching Armageddon! Second, we stopped while biking to use the restroom at http://www.roadhousecafe.net/ Roadhouse Cafe in Belchertown Mass. We told them what we were doing and they were inspired by us. That is such a good feeling when someone tells you that. Then, they gave us some free raspberry coffee cakes! Thanks a bunch! Lastly, we met some kind folks, fellow cyclists of Paxton Mass., along our route that gave us some water, an Allan Wrench, and some friendly conversation. Thanks, keep up the biking for good causes! And lastly, thanks to Trisha and Dale for the contribution to the Arthritis Foundation that we will put in to the foundation later!

   THE NEWS!
   As most of you probably know, our goal of donations raised via this bike trip is $20,000. A goal that I thought completely possible, something that, in the end, we could have accomplished with gusto. As of now, I have realized that with the amount of days left, this goal now seems preposterous. Unless everyone we have met donated within these last few days just $10 dollars, I don't know if my goal will be reached!
   As most of you know, our bikes were from a very generous donation. Without this donation Matt, and Nate would probably not be on this trip with me. A donation that allowed us to traverse this country in hopes of raising our proposed goal. As of now, the money we have raised during this trip is actually awesome. We have raised $4,217.58! That is great, I know this money raised will go to good things. Although, as said before, it is minor in comparison to $20,000!
   To help boost our donations, I am proposing this. A raffle for my Trek 520 touring bike. a $50 dollar donation will get you 1 ticket. a $100 donation will get you 3 tickets, a $200 donation will get you 6 tickets, a $300 donation will get you 10 tickets, a $400 dollar donation will get you 15 tickets, and a $500 donation will get you 30 tickets!
   The Arthritis Foundation is throwing a welcoming home party for us on Sept. 7th in my our hometown of Fond du Lac Wisconsin. At 11:59pm on Sept. 7th, the raffle ends. However many tickets you have purchased will go into a hat and will be mixed up thoroughly! If your ticket is drawn, you will be the proud new owner of my (fearless leader Joey) Trek 520!
   This is very hard for me, I would love to continue my journey around the world and be able to do it all on this wonderful bike. But what I want all of you to know, is that this journey, as much as it was for me, it is more for kids with arthritis, for adults with arthritis, and also other auto immune diseases. To inspire people, mostly kids, with R.A. that there is hope beyond their disease. Inspire kids to be optimistic about life, that even though they have this horrible disease, they can still be and do whatever they want in life, as long as they try!
   The best part about this whole trek across the country, is that multiple times I have been told I was inspiring. This trip has brought what could possible be a permanent smile across my face. Give everything, take nothing. After my flare late last year/early this year I have spent my days working toward this goal. Getting bikes, setting up a donations page, planning a route, local fundraising, plus an actual job just to make this bike trip possible. As we are merely days away, a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders, a dream is becoming true.
   Without a doubt, I feel I deserve this bike that I am riding! It has been my home this summer. Without this bike I have no idea where I would be right now... This bike has been my expression, my tool for advocacy for the Arthritis Foundation. This bike has been the joints I wished I have always had. This bike has become a part of me as it has carried me across, soon to be, 15 states and has changed my life.
   I can only hope two things can happen from me raffling off my bike. One, is that whoever receives this bike will continue its story. To trek across countries of their choice and carry someone else's cause on its shoulders. Two, that it becomes something like a symbol. A symbol to show that no matter your dream, you can always succeed!
   So please, make a donation and get yourself some raffle tickets! This is a $1,500 bicycle and it could be yours with a donation of just $50 (HOWEVER THE MORE YOU DONATE THE BETTER YOUR CHANCES)!!! Whatever amount that you donate, please email me at michelsjoseph@gmail.com with your name and number and amount that you donated! I already get emails of who donates, but I don't get the amount they donated! So please, I will know if you are lying so don't try and cheat! If you are the lucky winner, I will mail you my Trek 520! I will give you a call and get your address, and the bike will be in the mail by Sept. 15th! We will take a video of the drawing so everyone knows we are not cheating anyone! I will take some pictures of my bike for everyone to look at tomorrow when we are in Boston! it is a Trek 520 Touring Bicycle that is 57 cm. in size!
   I will probably cry when I send this bike to the lucky winner. I actually cried about it while thinking about me leaving the bike today... Give everything, take nothing. Take nothing but the most important things. The things I am filled with from this journey, the intangibles.
DONATE BELOW FOR MY BICYCLE!!

Any questions, please email me! michelsjoseph@gmail.com 
THE RAFFLE STARTS THE SECOND AFTER I POST THIS BLOG!
check out Trek 520's off of Treks Website: here is the link: http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes/road/touring/520/

No comments:

Post a Comment