Monday, May 7, 2012

The Unveiling of Frintner!

Greetings to our followers,

I am the one they call Frintner. I will be joining the group on our journey across the good ol' US of A. I have been waiting to go on this trip for way to long now. Joey and I were talking about doing something like this last summer and then he went off and got a job in Montana. So, when Joey got sick and couldn't go to Arizona this last winter he came to me with the idea of biking across the country for the Arthritis Foundation. Obviously I said yes without hesitation. Now we have come a long way since then and now I'm getting extremely excited to get out on the road. I’m graduating from the University of Wisconsin Stevens Point on May 19th with a Bachelors of Science in Biology. Since I ain’t got no jobs lined up this is going to be a perfect way to spend the summer. I'm pumped to meet some cool new people on the way and to see my star shadow.

Your friendly neighborhood botanist,
 Matthew Frintner

Kind words by a small man! Nate, Frintner, and I went to Wheel and Sprocket of Appleton this past Friday to pick up our bikes and gear! We got to pick up our shoes, cleats, pedals, bikes, and rear panniers (saddle bags)! Nate and I both got to leave the store with our new Trek 520 tour bikes! Frintner, on the other hand, is a shorter fellow. So we have been poking fun at him because they didn't carry his bike size in stock, for he is short. HAHA MATT! (Not that we don't like short people, indeed we love them). Needless to say, Frintners bike will be arriving on either Wed. or Thurs. of this week and we will be picking it up on Thursday most likely! Since picking up the bikes, Nate already went 50 miles on day one from Oshkosh to Fondy and back! I (Joey) have done about 40 and am going out for another 25+ after this post!

Wish us luck on our training! As always, tell your friends, tell your family, and tell your foes! Ask us questions! follow our blog, tell us about your blog and then we can follow eachothers blogs! Without further adue, two bike pictures for you!





1 comment:

  1. Fellow FDL touring cyclist here. My blog is: http://cyclelust.blogspot.com/ If you want to ride together sometime, let me know.

    ReplyDelete